I've been making a lot of progress in the novel I'm writing, about to hit the 10,000 word mark (woohoo!). It's starting to not be so much of a challenge to write, as I have finally reached the point in the story where something happens to change everything, and the main character will now spend... Continue Reading →
"Every woman can make time" to lose weight, according to Gwyneth. (read the article...)
Bathing suit season is right around the corner, and dang it, I'm wearing a bikini. Who's with me on shaping up for summer? And besides me, who's having a hard time motivating their body to get with the program? (read the article...)
Dieting. It’s in every woman’s vocabulary. And the meaning of this word varies.
1. Killing yourself slowly.
2. Starving strategically.
3. Skipping foods you like only to eat them later when no one’s looking.
4. Being really good for weeks (or days) on end and then bingeing like food is going out of style.
5. Trying every damn diet that is deemed popular until you give up because it’s not working. (see #3)
6. Losing the same 5 pounds over and over again.
7. Gaining more weight each time you introduce a new diet to your system.
8. Cutting out pictures of fashion models as motivation to keep from eating that leftover piece of pie in the fridge.
9. Thinking murderous thoughts about that fashion model as you eat that leftover piece of pie in the fridge.
Can you tell I’ve been on the dieting roller coaster? (more...)